2017 National Business Plan Competition – Judge Information
2017 National Business Plan Competition
Monday, April 3rd – 8:00 AM
Microsoft Technology Center
- 28 teams from all over the country will be presenting their business plans with the hopes of winning the National Business Plan Competition in April 2017.
- Each team submits a 20 page business plan to be scored by judges and then presents that plan on the day of the competition.
- Each presentation is 10 minutes with 6-8 minutes of Q&A from the judges.
- Each team will present twice in the morning session for two separate groups of judges.
- The top six teams from the morning round will qualify for the afternoon’s Championship Round.
Event and Arrival Information
Date: Monday, April 3, 2017
Location: Microsoft Technology Center
Address: 11 Times Square, New York, NY 10036 (The entrance is on 8th Avenue at 41st Street)
Public Transportation: Take A, C, E, 1, 2, or 3 trains to 42nd Street
Judges need to report to the venue at 8:00 AM.
Morning round judging assignments will conclude no later than 1:00 PM.
The following Judges’ Guide will provide the most relevant background information on the National Business Plan Competition.
- Judges’ Guide(PDF file)
- About the VE Program(PDF file)
- 2017 National Business Plan Competition Finalists
- Explore the Directory of U.S. VE Firms
- Current U.S. Locations
- Written Business Plan RUBRIC(PDF file)
- Oral Presentation RUBRIC (PDF file)
- VE Market Insights (real-time market data for the VE economy)
- View 2016 Top 6 Finalist Presentations
How to judge using the online scoring system:
- Visit the link below to access and score the written business plans.
- Use the credentials from the table sent previously via email.
- After logging in, select “Judge” from the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can see the plans assigned to be scored.
- You have each been assigned eight (8) business plans to score. Select each plan, read the plan and submit your ratings from the scoring box on the left.
- Section comments are encouraged but not required.
- An overall comment is required before submitting your rating.
- All ratings should be submitted online by Sunday, April 2, 6:00 PM EDT.
Troubleshooting any issues with the online scoring system:
- Try logging out and logging back in.
- Try using a different web browser (Chrome works best, Firefox and Safari should work fine, we have encountered issues with Internet Explorer)
- If possible, try on another device.
- If none of these work, please reach out and, if possible, attach a screen shot so we can forward to our developer to further investigate the issue.
- For technical support contact Nick Chapman (email@example.com) or Nolan Leung (firstname.lastname@example.org)