2017 Illinois Business Plan Competition Recap
On Friday, December 8, 2017, eighteen VE firms competed in the 2017 Illinois Business Plan Competition held at Northern Illinois University-DeKalb Campus.
The following six firms advanced to the final round:
- Clever Contraptions, St. Charles East High School
- Core, Timothy Christian High School
- Electric Avenue, St. Charles East High School
- Innovatio, Sarah E. Goode STEM Academy
- Mozzafiato, St Charles North High School
- Wavelength, Cary-Grove High School
After another round of presentations, the following teams took the top two spots and will advance to the 2018 National Business Plan Competition:
1st place: Mozzafiato, St. Charles North High School
2nd place: Wavelength, Cary-Grove High School
All the students did an amazing job and the judges were very impressed with their work. Though not every firm will be advancing to nationals, students will definitely be using the feedback from the judges to adjust and improve their business ideas throughout the year!