If you’re on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, chances are you’ve seen those #clickable #words #everywhere. These short links are known as hashtags, and they allow groups of people to publicly share and communicate information regarding a topic, event, or interest in a quick, real-time manner. See below for a full explanation so you can start using #2014YouthBusinessSummit to its fullest potential.
What is #2014YouthBusinessSummit?
The Youth Business Summit is VEI’s signature event, bringing together VEI students from around the world for a series of opportunities to showcase the wide variety of skills they’ve learned throughout the school year. The event includes three major activities, the Global Business Challenge, National Business Plan Competition, and the International Trade Show.
If you’re unfamiliar with the events, visit the Youth Business Summit page to find out details and then return to this article.
To capture and share this excitement in real-time, we’ve chosen #2014YouthBusinessSummit as the hashtag for this extraordinary three-day event. Since it takes up a large number of precious characters, you can also use #2014YBS, #VEI, #VEInternational, or tag our Twitter name @VEInternational, but the preferred tag is #2014YouthBusinessSummit.
We’ve even set-up a webpage that highlights tweets with this tag so you can follow along with what’s happening if you can’t make it to New York City.
Why use #2014YouthBusinessSummit?
- Share your experiences of the different events with the world
- Provide insight to a three-day event that people may not be aware of
- Interact with others at the event
- Find out any special deals and promotions during the International Trade Show
- Keep up with the who makes the final rounds of the Global Business Challenge and National Business Plan Competition
Who can use #2014YouthBusinessSummit?
Anyone on Twitter, Instagram, and/or Facebook. This includes:
- VEI firms looking to market and promote their business
- VEI students having a great experience at the events
- VEI coordinators, school administrators, and parents who are proud and impressed with the professionalism of their students
- Guests who are attending for the first time and want to share their discovery with colleagues and friends
- All attendees who want to bring attention to the Youth Business Summit
When can I use #2014YouthBusinessSummit?
- From now until April 1, you can use the tag to share your excitement and anticipation for the event.
- Between April 1 and 3, you can use the tag during the Global Business Challenge, during VEI’s Gala Dinner, during the National Business Plan Competition, and during the International Trade Show.
- After April 3, you can use the tag when sharing the results of the competitions, photos and videos, and any other reactions you have while in the Summit’s aftermath.
See below for the event invitation, brief descriptions of the events, and links to additional Youth Business Summit resources.
Global Business Challenge
In the Global Business Challenge, which is sponsored by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and the New York Life Foundation, students are assigned to a multinational team, and are given several hours to solve a global business problem. Each team will analyze company data, identify relevant information for the assigned task, and prepare a business strategy to be presented to a distinguished panel of judges. The Global Business Challenge will be held on Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
Registration is closed. Those who already registered should be on the lookout for an upcoming confirmation email.
An Evening to Benefit VEI
On Tuesday April 1, 2014, we encourage you to attend a dinner gala to benefit Virtual Enterprises International. Click here for ticket and sponsorship information.
National Business Plan Competition
In the National Business Plan Competition, finalists from statewide business plan competitions will compete in a championship round for prizes to be awarded to team members and their programs. The National Business Plan Competition will be taking place Wednesday, April 2, 2014. The top three national teams will be announced on Thursday, April 3, 2014 at the opening ceremony of the trade show.
Qualifying teams will be sending necessary business plan materials to their respective Regional Directors. Once the Regional Directors receive and approve these materials, teams can register.
Registration for visitors and observers will be coming soon.
International Trade Show
The International Trade Show is the signature activity of the Virtual Enterprises International practice firm program. It provides students with the opportunity to showcase and market the products and services of their virtual businesses as they engage in commerce with their local, national and international peers in a simulated global marketplace. Students will be able to compete in various competitions related to the event: Best Booth, Best Sales Pitch, Best Web Page and Best Catalog. The International Trade Show will be taking place Thursday, April 3, 2014 at the 69th Regiment Armory.