VE Junior Ventures Career Academy
The VE-JV Career Academy is a two-year program that will enable 7th and 8th graders to develop technology and entrepreneurial skills by starting and managing business ventures. The Career Academy will also engage students in fun and exciting competitions as well as after-school and summer activities that build 21st Century skills in business, communication and technology.
The VE-JV Career Academy offers a real-world context for learning about business and careers. The classroom is converted into a workplace setting that allows business thinking to flourish. Students also apply and reinforce academic concepts across many subjects.
With support from the New York Life Foundation, VEI is piloting the Virtual Enterprises Junior Ventures Career Academy in a select number of cities between 2015 and 2019.
See below for information about the program, program objectives, supporting activities, and how to start a program in your school. Click here to download the informational brochure.
7th Grade Program
Summer Business Leadership Camp
8th Grade Program
- To build awareness about a variety of careers and occupations.
- To convey the expectations of the workplace and develop professional behaviors.
- To develop skills in entrepreneurship, problem-solving, decision-making, time management, public speaking, financial literacy, teamwork and technology.
- To connect academic content to real-world projects.
- To enable students to use and interact with technology as applied in business.
- Business pitch competition
- National website competition
- Trade show
- SIFMA Foundation InvestWrite®, an essay competition on investment-related topics
- SIFMA Foundation Stock Market Game™
- Mentoring by business partners and high school VE students
- Summer business leadership camp for rising eighth graders
- After-school technology class