2022 National Trade Show
Sunday, Feb 13, 2022 – Monday, Feb 14, 2022
LeConte Event Center
2986 Teaster Ln
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Join us for the 2022 VEI National Trade Show in beautiful Pigeon Forge, TN! This area is a short drive from Knoxville, TN and located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains! This is a great opportunity to experience a LIVE trade show and to compete in events such as sales pitch and booth design.
When you aren’t busy selling your wares, be sure to check out some of the exciting attractions the area has to offer. Hop on a thrill ride, visit historic Gatlinburg, snow tube in Ober, free fall at Flyaway Indoor Skydiving, brave the indoor ropes course at WonderWorks, or explore the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The opportunities for adventure are endless!
We can’t wait to see you there!
Please note: The status of in-person events may change pending applicable guidelines from government and health officials. In that case, virtual events will be scheduled to ensure the health and safety of all participants.
Event & Registration Overview
|Sunday, February 13, 2022
|1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
|Conference and Exhibition Registration/Booth Setup
(Only teachers check in at the front of the building. You will unload in the back at the loading dock.)
|Monday, February 14, 2022
|2022 National Trade Show in Pigeon Forge, TN
|7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
|Judging of Booths
|9:30 AM – 3:00 PM
After the deadline for registration for the competitions, your firm will be emailed your competition times. Please make sure you write down the times of your competitions and the room numbers. Remember to use multiple students because all competitions could be at the same time.
|Announcement of Awards
|Trading Ends / Breakdown, Clean up and Check out
|October 15, 2021
@ 11:00 AM EST
|Event registration opens
|November 15, 2021
|Deadline for conference registration
Extended to Monday, November 29!
|December 1, 2021
@ 11:00 AM EST
|Booth selection opens
Competition submission period opens. Links to submit for submission-based competitions are included below.
All firms are automatically enrolled into the Booth Design and Sales Pitch competitions. Firms wishing to compete in the Sales Material and Social Media Marketing Campaign should submit their entries between December 1, 2021 and January 15.
|December 10, 2021
|Booth selection deadline
|January 7, 2022
|Deadline for payment of registration
Deadline to submit online competitions
Registration and Payment Instructions
- To register for a booth and the event, sign into the hub by going to hub.veinternational.org. Please note only teacher accounts can register for the trade show.
- Click on “Marketplace Tools”
- Click on “Firm Admin”
- Choose the Firm you want to register with
- Click on “Trade Show Registration”
- Once registration is completed, you will receive a confirmation and an invoice
- Submit the invoice to your accounts payable department requesting payment
- Payment is due by Friday, January 7, 2022. Please make sure to start this process as soon as possible.
- Please include a copy of the invoice with payment and send to:
Attn: Nick Chapman
Virtual Enterprises International, Inc.
122 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10023
*Make checks payable to Virtual Enterprises International, Inc
- The price for a booth is $300.00
- ELECTRICITY is NOT included in the booth fee
- To secure electricity in your booth, you will need to contact Griffin Electric Company. Their contact information and order form with all details are linked here and at the end of the Registration details.
Any cancellation of booth space must be sent in writing to Susan Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No fee will be charged for any cancellation BEFORE Friday, January 7, 2022. The entire registration fee will be forfeited or charged for cancellations received AFTER Friday, January 7, 2022. Payments for booth space need to be received before the event on January 7. If the event is cancelled beyond the organization’s control (please see “Show Cancellation” clause below), further details will be provided on alternative experiences and competitions for students, schools, and partners as well as guidance on obtaining credit or refunds for booth fees and travel.
COVID-19 Events Policy & Safety Precautions
Virtual Enterprises International (VEI) will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and follow all local and state laws and regulations, protective measures, protocols, and guidance from the CDC. We are requiring all individuals attending the event to:
- Review and agree to the terms of VEI’s COVID-19 Events Policy Document – click here for a copy. This will be part of the process when registering your booth.
- Be masked for the duration of the event (other than designated eating and drinking areas)
- Keep a social distance of 3 feet
Please Note: The status of in-person events may change pending applicable guidelines from government and health officials. In that case, virtual events will be scheduled to ensure the health and safety of all participants.
Set up will take place on Sunday, February 13th from 1:00 PM until 3:30 PM. Have your bus park in the front of the building. Only ONE teacher from each firm will enter the front of the building to check in. Then your bus will pull to the back of the building to unload and set up your booth. Make sure while setting up your booths that if you pre-registered for the Social Media Marketing Campaign competition, to bring your board and easel to the registration desk to receive your number. All firms must exit the center at 3:30 PM for judging of booths.
- The booth is 10’ wide and 10’ deep.
- 6’ skirted table (table is 24 inches wide) with 2 chairs and 1 waste basket
- Booths DO NOT COME WITH ELECTRICITY. To arrange for electricity, contact and pay separately to the provider, Griffin Electric. (See order form here)
- All displays, tables, chairs, etc. must fit within the confines of the booth and may NOT extend into the aisle.
- No part of the booth design may block the view from side to side of another booth.
- No exhibitor may engage in any activity or device that tends to create unreasonable congestion in the aisles.
- Firms may sell ONLY IN FRONT OF THEIR BOOTHS.
- All marketing activities, exhibits, moving displays, etc. should not create crowd congestion or obstruct activities of adjacent exhibitors.
- Booth sides may not be enclosed with streamers, balloons, banners, flags, netting, etc. that would create a sight line obstruction from one exhibit to the next.
- Decorations, signs, banners and streamers may not be attached, taped, nailed or otherwise fastened to any ceiling, painted surface or wall of the Center.
- Exhibitors are to show respect for spectators and booth demonstrators by keeping the volume of music or other amplified sound to a minimum.
- Under NO circumstances are adhesive back decals to be given away.
- In accordance with LeConte’s regulations, the following items are not permitted:
- Confetti, glitter, rice or birdseed
- Dirt, soil and sand on carpeted areas
- Water displays on carpeted areas
- Adhesive-backed decals, duct tape, double-sided tape
- Helium balloons may not be given away, sold or used in the facility
- Food, unless commercially packaged and no larger than 4 oz.
Move-in and Move-out
Your bus will park in the parking lot in front of the building. Only 1 representative per firm is to enter the front doors (everyone else, please stay on the bus). That 1 person will check your firm in and you will be provided your information. Then the bus will take you to the loading dock in the back of the building where you will be able to unload your materials to set up your booth.
Move-out is to be accomplished at the loading dock area only. Exhibitors who attempt to move in or move out through the front of the Center will be immediately requested to use the loading dock!
Food and Beverage Policies
- NO outside food or beverages are permitted in the LeConte Center.
- Food concessions will be offered for the students to purchase. Items will be nachos, hot dogs, pizza, etc.
- Any food that a firm plans to offer at their booth must be commercially pre-packaged and no larger than 4 ounces.
The LeConte Center’s In-house Electrical Contractor (Griffin Electric) will provide all electricity to your booth. If you bring extension cords and power strips they need to be 3 prong and in good working condition. To arrange for electricity, you must fill out the form and send payment directly to Griffin Electric. Their contact information and order form with all details are linked here and at the end of the Registration details.
3:30 PM EST on Monday. Under no circumstances can exhibitors dismantle displays before the scheduled time or your firm will be penalized 50% of your sales. Check-out procedures will be enforced. Crates and packing materials not required for the show must be removed immediately after setup.
- Break down and removal of booth materials at 3:30 PM EST
- Exhibitors shall remove ALL trash from their booth and place EVERYTHING in trash bags.
Be sure you have made arrangements to have your students supervised at all times. In addition, be sure you have signed parental permission forms for all activities in which your students are participating.
All participating students and guests MUST have identification badges visible at all times. You must supply the badge. The badges must include: Participant’s name, Firm name, School Name
Guests will be identified with a badge that reads “GUEST.”
Responsibilities and Regulations
The exhibitor agrees to abide by all rules as set forth by the Southern Region Virtual Enterprise acting on behalf of Virtual Enterprises International, Inc.
Exhibit Staffing and Supervision
Booths must be continually staffed by at least two people during all official set-up and exhibit hours. Students must be supervised at all times.
Smoking is not permitted in the LeConte Center. Exhibitors are required to keep their booth area neat and litter free. During the official trading day, participants must dress in accepted business attire or in a manner that compliments the exhibit booth theme. Disorderly conduct, profanity and running are expressly prohibited. Any inappropriate behavior is prohibited and is cause for immediate dismissal from conference activities. Coordinators must actively chaperone their “employees.”
Although Virtual Enterprises International will take every precaution to provide adequate security during the event, it does not assume any responsibility for lost or stolen articles. Items such as money, jewelry, personal stereos, computers, exhibitor display items or other valuables should never be left unattended in the booth during setup, breakdown or any time that the exhibit is open for trading. Please report any security issue, which would affect the event, to conference management, at the registration table.
Selling and Processing Sales
You will be selling to two categories of customers.
- Customers who are visitors to the trade exhibition (non-VE participants) and do not have online virtual checking accounts. These customers will pay for their purchases using the US Network Bank Card that will be provided to them on the day of the trade exhibition. Each card can only be used at a booth one time. The maximum amount of any sale on the US Network Bank Card is $5,000.
- Customers who are VE participants (VE firms and VE students) who have online virtual checking accounts. These customers will pay for their purchases using the new Student Debit Card. VE Firms will most likely make their purchases “On Account”, which means they will make payment for the sale at a later date.
- You will be processing sales through the new Trade Exhibition Point of Sale System (POS). The POS system is provided to VE firms with an exhibition booth to easily process trade exhibition sales payments. This system can be used on a smartphone, iPad/tablet, or laptop with a WiFi or cellular data connection.
IMPORTANT: HOW TO MAKE SALES
Instructions for the Trade Exhibition Point of Sale System can be found by clicking here Instruction for setting up and using the Student Debit Card can be found by clicking here Instructions for using the US Network Bank Card can be found by clicking here.
In the event that a student or firm does not have their debit card or another appropriate payment method, they will have to pay for their purchase after the trade exhibition is over. These are called “Sales On Account”. Make sure to request the information you will need from these customers in order to follow up with them (i.e. customer name, VE firm name, school name, email address, phone number).
All customers must receive an invoice for their purchase. An invoice is a bill or a form that lists the quantity, description, unit price, and total cost of the items sold to a customer. The customer will want – and should receive – an invoice at the time of the sale. The seller must keep a copy of the invoice as well.
The seller’s copy of invoices for sales “on account” should be signed by the customer. If payment is not made, an invoice signed by the customer is evidence that the seller is entitled to receive payment. Consider how you will prepare duplicate copies of invoices.
Remember to make it easy for customers to pay you. Be sure to set up your POS system in advance and test it out before the exhibition. Include your contact information and US Network Bank account number on your invoice.
Raffles and Promotions
Raffles and promotions are a proven way to increase sales. Customers who buy are allowed to enter into a drawing for prizes. Be aware of the following: It is not legal to require a purchase to be entered into a raffle, however, when a purchase is made that customer can be given a free opportunity to register for the raffle. Raffle items should not exceed a value of $100.00 to be fair to all firms. Also remember that as a “Virtual” conference and exhibition, no sales of actual products are permitted.
If your firm is drawing for raffles, please tell your students to write down the name of the winner and your booth number. They will bring that slip of paper to post on the board that will be at the backdoor next to the loading dock. All drawings must be done by 11:00 AM so that everything can be picked up at your booths before the trade show ends at 12:00 PM. Drawings need to run from 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM.
All booths have an assigned number that is displayed on top of the pipe and drape. This number must remain in this location and made visible throughout the event. Once a booth is assigned, companies are not to exchange numbers or booth spaces with other companies. These numbers are used by the judges.
If the show facility becomes unfit or unavailable for occupancy, or becomes substantially interfered with by reason of picketing, striking, embargo, injunction, act of war, act of God, fire, or state of emergency declared by any government agency or by reason of any municipal, state, or federal law or regulation or by reason of any other occurrence beyond the control of management, show management may cancel or terminate the show. In the event of such cancellation or termination, the exhibitor waives any and all claims for damages or expenses and agrees to accept in complete settlement and discharge of all claims against the exhibitor’s pro-rated share of the total amount paid by all exhibitors, less all cost expenses incurred by management in connection with the show.
Tru by Hilton Pigeon Forge
2815 Teaster Lane
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Booking Link: https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=TYSPFRU&groupCode=VEN&arrivaldate=2022-02-13&departuredate=2022-02-15&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Please note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly.
Group Name: VE National Trade Show
Arrival Date: 2/13/2022
Departure Date: 2/15/2022
Cut-off Date: 1/13/2022
You can also book your reservations by calling the Hilton Reservations toll-free number at 1-800-HILTONS. Please have your guests mention the VE National Trade Show at Tru by Hilton Pigeon Forge or the unique code VEN to receive your group rate.
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Group Name: Virtual Enterprises International Inc.
Group Code: VIRENT
Arrival date: 02/11/22 – 02/13/22 (2 night minimum for Friday and Saturday bookings)
Departure date: 02/14/22
Room Options & Rates:
Weekday rates: Standard Room (2 Queen Beds): $199 per night + 12.25% tax
PLEASE CALL THE HOTEL DIRECTLY at 865-774-4000. Press “0” to speak to our Front Desk Agents
- Let the agent know that you are booking a room for Virtual Enterprises International Inc.
- Please provide them with the following group code to ensure faster and accurate service VIRENT.
- The agent will discuss remaining room options and secure your room with a valid Credit Card number. There will be no charge to the card at this time. Nothing will be held or charged to your card until the day of arrival.
- If you want a different room type or would like to extend your stay, the Agent will take your information and relay it to our Director of Sales. They will then get back to you to amend your reservation accordingly if available.
Cut off date for discounted rate: January 11, 2022 – Reservations made after this date are subject to availability, and may not qualify for any group rate or discount.
Additional hotels to be added
Shuttles are available to transport groups to and from the Knoxville Airport to Pigeon Forge. To arrange a reservation, please contact Rocky Top Tours at 865-429-8687 and mention “VEI” or “Virtual Enterprises International”.
EARN UP TO $25,000 USING SOCIAL MEDIA
VE National Trade Show in Pigeon Forge, TN
February 13, 2022 – February 14, 2022
How to Enter
- Upload photos and/or videos on Twitter and/or Instagram using #veinternational during the 2022 National Trade Show in Pigeon Forge, TN. Firms may enter as many posts as they want but spamming low-quality posts will make it harder for your firm to be selected as a top post.
- Posts must use #veinternational to be considered for entry. Feel free to use any other hashtags in addition to this hashtag but if you’re interested in earning money for your firm, the post you upload must use this hashtag.
A hashtag is a keyword or a phrase used to describe a topic or a theme. Using hashtags on Twitter and Instagram allows users to share and find content based on certain categories. We’re using #veinternational as the official hashtag for VE-related content and using it to organize social media contests for Conferences & Exhibitions. Explore this hashtag on Instagram and Twitter to find firms to connect with and see examples of what other firms are posting.
How to Win
The top three posts will be chosen by VE staff (one post chosen per firm so three firms have a chance to earn a top spot). Any entries deemed inappropriate will be disqualified from the contest.
Posts must be made by 6:00 PM on Thursday, February 17, 2022.
Examples of a Top Post
- See examples of the previous winners at veinternational.org/blog/2021/06/24/winners-of-2021ybs-social-media-competition/
- Review the top posts picked for other VE Conferences and Exhibitions included in the event recaps
- A video showing a creative use of the event space
- A photo gallery showcasing your team and your firm’s brand
- A video featuring your team interacting with guests
- A photo of your booth display during a busy time
- A video of a mini-tour of the conference hosted by a student in the firm
- Posts that attract engagement (likes, comments, shares)
- Posts that make people say “Wow!” in a positive way
- The top posts will be announced by Monday, February 22, 2022
- Each firm who submits a top post will receive $25,000 in VE dollars, deposited into the Teacher Bank Account, to be distributed to students’ individual accounts
- Featured on the Event Recap for the particular event
- Featured on VE’s official social media channels