Article contributed by Maeve M., Lynbrook High School VE Student
The VE Top 50 is a composite method to recognize firm engagement and achievement across the many VE activities happening throughout the year. The list will constantly change with firms moving in and out of inclusion based on ongoing review by the regional and national offices.
The second review of firm business activities took place as of February 28, 2021 and assessed engagement by reviewing the following criteria:
- Participation in at least one (1) online trade show (Regional or National in Jan/Feb).
- Submission of the Board of Directors Quarterly Report for Q3 (Nov-Jan).
- Participation in a local or regional qualifying round of the business plan competition.
- Processed at least one Payroll (Jan/Feb).
- Processed at least one Rent payment AND one Utilities payment (Jan/Feb).
- Sales made by the firm to individuals or other VE businesses.
- Completion of at least one international transaction for International Trade Month (incoming or outgoing).
- Evidence of student transactions (purchases made from student accounts) during the period Jan 1 to Feb 28.
- Submission of 941 Withholding Payroll Tax Form AND remittance payment.
- Submission of Sales Tax Form AND sales tax payment.
- Submission and qualification for the National Marketing Competition.
- Submission and qualification for the National Human Resources Competition.
- Submission and qualification for the National Finance Competition.
- Submission and qualification for the National QuickBooks Competition.
- Participation in the National Online Competition – E-Commerce Website.
- Participation in the National Online Competition – Company Newsletter.
View a list of the firms currently positioned for VE Top 50 recognition:
Reminder: Just because you didn’t make the list this time doesn’t mean you should give up! The VE Top 50 is designed to track progress over time and recognize overall engagement and achievement.
The VE Top 50 results are cumulative. If your firm did not make this listing, and you feel you have achieved enough benchmarks from the past periods and above as of 2/28/2021, please reach out to your Regional Director.