The VE Top 50 is a composite method to recognize firm engagement and achievement across the many VE activities happening throughout the year. The list will constantly change with firms moving in and out of inclusion based on ongoing review by the regional and national offices.
The review of firm business activities took place as of April 30, 2021 and assessed engagement by reviewing the following criteria:
- Participation in at least one (1) online trade show (Regional or National in Mar/Apr)
- Processed at least one Payroll (Mar/Apr)
- Processed at least one Rent payment and one Utilities payment (Mar/Apr)
- Sales made by the firm to individuals or other VE businesses
- Evidence of student transactions (purchases made from student accounts) during the period Mar 1 to Apr 30
- Submission of 941 Withholding Payroll Tax Form AND remittance payment (Mar/Apr)
- Submission of Sales Tax Form AND sales tax payment (Mar/Apr)
- Submission of the written business plan
- Qualified for the National Business Plan Competition
- Top 20 Recognition for National Business Plan Competition
- Top 8 Recognition for National Business Plan Competition
- Top 3 Finalist for National Business Plan Competition
- Top 30 Recognition for National Marketing Competition
- Top 30 Recognition for National Human Resources Competition
- Top 30 Recognition for National Finance Competition
- Top 18 Recognition for National QuickBooks Competition
- Participation in the National Online Competition – Video Commercial
- Has established a QuickBooks Online account
- Students completed the PRO Feedback surveys on Leadership, Professionalism, and Functional
Reminder: Just because you didn’t make the list this time doesn’t mean you should give up! The VE Top 50 is designed to track progress over time and recognize overall engagement and achievement.
The VE Top 50 results are cumulative. If your firm did not make this listing, and you feel you have achieved enough benchmarks from the past periods and above as of 4/30/2021, please reach out to your Regional Director.