On Friday, May 30, 2014, the young NYC executives gathered at Microsoft’s Time Square offices for the 2014 Spring Executive Conference. Students shared their achievements from the year, reflected on their VEI experience, heard from guest speakers, and networked with one another.
One of the main highlights of the day included the Fiscal Year Round Up and Firm Financial Roll Call. Executives representing their firms stood in front of their peers to announce their firms’ end-of-year financials: Total Revenue, Total Expenses, Profit and Loss, Cash in the Bank, Total Liabilities and Total Outstanding Accounts Receivable.
- Antuan Santana, Operations & Community Manager for Microsoft – Microsoft Community YouthSpark (Presentation Slides)
- Brad Kogut, Director of Human Resources, Sports Division for The Madison Square Garden Company – The Job of Being a Leader (Presentation Slides)
- Chuck Perl, President of Out Front, Inc. – How to Get a Good Job (Presentation Slides)
- VEI Alumni (Ismabel Cueto, Jonathan Duong, Atul Kapoor, Mark Lipari, Sam Wong, and Mei Zhang)
Acknowledgements and Executive Awards
- Executives of the Year
- Catherine Perez, CEO — T-Squared
- Naasik Islam, CEO — Majestique
- VEI Executive Ambassador
- Marilyn Landy, CEO — Imagination Inc.
- Luis Gil, COO — Imagination Inc.
- Executive Excellence
- Malinda Madhoo, CEO — Build Your Future Institute
- Gayane Gahnapetyan, CFO — Brandmark Advertising
- Veronica Ng, CFO — Sweet ‘N Savory Catering
- James Norman, CEO — Lucid Investment Financial Enterprise
- Executive Perseverance
- Richard Perez — Carpe Diem International Marketing
The event came as the result of the popularity and positive response of 2013’s CEO Day and was expanded and opened up for firms to send their top two executives (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer or executive designee).
Photos from the Event